5 Way to Change User Account Name In Windows 10
If you have mistypes your account name in Windows 10 and later want to change it, what method do you use? Maybe you want to put another name for an account in Windows 10. To do so requires no special software or altering the registry files. Simply select one of the ways that I introduced as User and you want to change you. With me. 5 Way to Change User Account Name In Windows 10
Change User Account Name In Windows 10
This article going to show you, 5 way to change windows 10 user account name. to change user account name, we have many way change account username in windows 10. I will explain each of them separately. so, just pay attention to this article.
#1. Change User Account names from Control Panel
1. Click on the icon and select Control Panel and the User Accounts icon displayed options to choose from.
2. In this section, choose Change your account name or a user can specify the desired title for the account.
3. Now put in the new name you want to give the account and then click the Change Name button.
4. Finally, click on the Change Name button to complete the process.
While Microsoft is starting to get away from Control panel and move a lot of the PC configuration to the new Settings app. Control Panel is still there for now. That might change over time as Windows 10 matures. If that happens, we’ll definitely update this process.
#2. Change account name in Local Users and Groups
1. Run through the window is the next procedure. Press Windows + R key combination on the keyboard to open the Run box. You can go through the Start menu or search box to open the window. Lusrmgr.msc RUN command typed into the box and click on the Enter key.
2. Wait until Windows Local Users and Groups displayed. Double-click on the User folder to be displayed as user accounts are created.
3. At this point, by right-clicking on the title of account and select Rename You can change your user name.
When you click on Rename, then you rename your user account name.
#3. Change User Account Name from Local GP Editor
1. Press Windows + R key combination on the keyboard to open the Run box. You can go through the Start menu or search box to open the window. Gpedit.msc RUN command typed into the box and click on the Enter key.
2. Turn your attention to the nested list on the left side of the window and navigate to the following location: Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options. Rename administrator account (or Accounts: Rename guest account)
4. Once you’ve made your selection and typed it in lieu of “Administrator,” click Apply
3. On the “Local Security Setting” tab, you’ll find a simple text box that says “Administr-ator” by default. This is where we’ll change the name of the built-in Administrator acco-unt. Pick any name you want, except for the name of any current or planned future user accounts.
4. Once you’ve made your selection and typed it in lieu of “Administrator,” click Apply and then OK to save your settings and close the window.
#4. Change User Accounts in Windows 10
1. Press Windows + R key combination on the keyboard to open the Run box. To access Advanced User Accounts panel type ﴾netplwiz﴿ in the dialog box.
2. Now in the User Accounts window, check Users must enter a user name and password to enter this computer, if it is unchecked. In the User Name section, select the user name to which you want to change the name and click Properties.
3. In the Properties window, in the User name field, provide the desired user name. Then click Apply followed by OK.
4. When you change, and then Restart for the changes to take effect.
#5. Change User Account Name from Microsoft Account
As mentioned above, in case of a Microsoft Account, the user name is generated from your online profile that you can manage by going to account.microsoft.com. However, you can also change User Account name by following the steps below.
1. Click on Windows 10 Start button and then click on Settings. Next, click on Accounts.
2. Click on Your email and accounts tab. Next, click on Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser and.
3. On Accounts Page, click the Edit name link located next to your name (See image.
4. On the next page, you can change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you believe is better in your case and click on Save.
5. After this you can restart your computer to see if the changes that you have made have synced to your computer.
After restarting the computer, On your next login to the computer, you should be able to see your New Account Name as you signings. You may need to try a few hours later, in case you do not see the change immediately.
That’s it! You will be successful in changing the user name. Reboot to see the change. Hope you find the tip useful. if you issue any problem you can ask me.