Kali Linux 2018.1 has has released in 2018 of this year, in kali linix 2018 has adapted some new benefits features for the new generation to use this operating system easily. Ok now have ever haired about backtrack, if yes then you might already know about kali linux. Kali linux is has following the rules of backtrack but it’ new then backtrack operating system. Kali linux is used preinstalled penetration-testing programs. So today we’re going to install Kali Linux. So how to install Kali Linux 2018.1 on windows 10 hyper-v in proper way without causing any troubles while installation.
I have found most of the people get stuck at boot-loader or hard-drive selection issue, they get some kind of errors so i decided to make a simple tutorial on installation. Because we haven’t done any installation tutorial about Kali Linux so far.
- Windows 10 Enterprise, Professional, or Education
- 64-bit Processor with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
- CPU support for VM Monitor Mode Extension (VT-c on Intel CPU’s)
- Minimum of 4 GB memory.
- The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on Windows 10
- Download Latest Kali Linux
Downloading Kali Linux 2018.1 & 2018.3
Kali Linux 2018.1 Released For Ethical Hackers — Download ISO And Torrent Files Here
As a side effect of having a specific purpose, Kali Linux does not provide many install flavors. Start at the Kali Linux homepage. Click the Downloads header at the top of the page. Behold — the list. It looks long, but there’s really not that much there. You’re mostly picking the bitness (most are 64-bit) and the user interface experience that suits you.
Create New Virtual Machine
1. First step is open hyper-v manager. On the right hand side you will see New > Virtual Machine. Click on virtual machine to launch New virtual machine Wizard and click Next.
2. In the dialog box, please enter the name of the virtual machine. In our case, we can name our virtual machine as kali linux. But you can specify anything according yo your preference.
3. Specify generation. Choose the generation of this virtual machine. You can choose generation 2 or even generation 1 it’s no meter. Click next
4. In this dialog box you will have to specify the amount of RAM you want to allocate to the virtual machine once the virtual machine is turned on. By default it is 1GB, but I normally prefer 2GB. Also, check Use dynamic Memory for this virtual machine. Click Next.
5. In this dialog box you will have to specify the network adapter. Please choose connection (External Virtual Switch) from the drop down menu and click next.
6. This is the place where you decide how much disk space you want to allocate to the virtual machine. For kail, it’s recommended to select around GB of disk space. Give the virtual disk a name of your choice.Please note that, not all of the allocated disk space will be used during the installation process. It is dynamically created, that is it will expand as the usage grows with the maximum limit of the disk specify as the virtual disk size. Give the name of the virtual hard disk, specify the disk space and click Next.
7. In this dialog box you will be asked to specify the setup media. Check Install an Operating system from bootable CD/DVD-Rom > Image file. Browse to the downloaded ISO image file and click Next.
8. Click Finish to create the Virtual Machine. You will see the process for creating new virtual machine will begin. At the end end you will see Hyper-V Manager with the newly created virtual machine under Virtual Machine Box.
After the virtual machine is created, you will see the name of the virtual machine listed under Virtual Machines.
Install Kali Linux 2018.1 on Hyper-v
1. Now lets start the installation process by right clicking on the name of the virtual machine in Hyper V manager and selecting connect. You can see connect option on the right side of Hyper V manager as shown in the below screenshot.
2. To start the virtual machine, select the Start from the action menu.
3. Select either Graphical Install or Text mode installation. In this post, I am going to choose Graphical Install.
4. In this dialog box you will be asked a language. Select a language and Continue. This option sets your language in the kali linux. Default is English.
5. In this dialog box you will be asked to select a Location. Please select a location and continue.
6. Select a Keyboard layout using the arrow keys and click continue. This option sets your Keyboard in the Kali Linux Operating system. By default it is set to American English.
7. The installer will then load some files and perform basic network configuration. I noticed that it performed IP assignment from DHCP; I did not test to see what happens if it can’t reach a DHCP server.
8. In this dialog box you will be asked to enter the hostname for your system. This being a home network, we can set anything. Enter any anything and click continue.
9. Enter a password for root. Even though it mentions user creation, you aren’t creating a standard user account like you would in other distributions.
10. In this dialog box you will be asked to time zone based on the location you selected earlier. Please enter a time zone of your choice and click continue.
11. Choose how you want your disk to be laid out and formatted. I personally choose Guided – use entire disk because I’m not the biggest fan of LVM. Any of the first three choices are fine if you’re new and/or not especially picky.
12. Select a disk to partition. Select sda, VMware Virtual disk. There should be only one option. Click Continue.
13. Select a scheme for disk partition. Select the default, All files in one partition and click Continue.
14. Select the Finish Partitioning and Write changes to disk which should be selected by default. All you have to do is to click continue.
15. In this dialog you are asked to confirm Write changes to disk. Select yes and click continue.
16. Now, your formatting options will be applied and files will be copied. This will take a while and there will be more questions, so don’t go too far.
17. In this dialog box you will ask if you don’t want to to configure network mirror for Package manager. Choose No and continue.
18. If you would like to install the GRUB boot loader. Select Yes and click Continue.
19. Select boot loader device for GRUB installation. Select /dev/sda and click Continue.
20. Installation will continue and now you will see Installation complete dialog box. Click continue to finalize the installation and wait for the VM to reboot.
21. After reboot you will see the login screen. Login with your username or root user and provide your password.
You will then see the Kali Linux desktop.
And finally, your new desktop.
It was all about, How to install kali linux 2018.1 and 2018.3 on windows 10 hyper v manager? I hope you have learned this article, I hope you will ask your questions, give us your suggestions, opinion about what articles we have to write. If you faced any problem tell us below by comment, Feel free to tell us. we’re waiting for your suggestion.
How you can download and Install Kali Linux 2018.1?