In this article I am going to show you how to hide and unhide drive using CMD or command prompt in windows 10, without any software. Тhеrе аrе sеvеrаl frее and due sоftwаrе ассеssіblе to hide local drіvеs, hоwеvеr і аm nоt gоnnа mеntіоn to hіdе а local drіvе еmрlоуіng а расkаgе. You can hide any drive in Windows Operating System using Command Prompt or Powershell.” This command works in all windows operating systems, like windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and any windows.
Hide and Unhide Drive using CMD in windows 10
Before the start of training, you should know that our goal is to hide drive. so, it’ll teach you how to hide your partition drive in your operating system, and also unhide your partition drive in windows operating system.
1. To open CMD or command prompt, open the RUN type CMD and hit enter to launch CMD or command prompt, or to command prompt type cmd in search area of windows and hite enter to launch command prompt. when you found CMD or command prompt, itts shape is like that.
With the appearance of the command prompt, type DISKPART in front C:\WINDOWS\System32 after that enter.
2. After hit List Volume, type the command LIST VOLUME Press hit enter you will see the drive of your computer listed below.
3. Now type the below command to select the drive you want to hide. Suppose I want to hide drive 3 on my system, hence, I’ll type the command “select volume I” and then press enter. as shown in figure.
4. Now type the command “remove letter I” to hide the selected drive, it will show the message that “Diskpart successfully removed the drive letter or mount point” as shown in the screenshot below. This means that now drive I is hidden from your system and no one can access it other than you.
After you have the recipe remove, your drive will be hide or remove from the list of all volume or all drive on your windows operating system. To understand the secret of our drive, go inside of this PC or my computer, you can the reason it means your drive is hided, as shown in figure.
Well now drive is hided, if you want to back your your removed drive, what we should we do ? don’t worry about it or do not mention, in this article will show how hide and unhide drive using CMD, in this case I will show how to unhide drive.
How to Unhide Removed Drive using CMD
1. To unhide drive, you need to open again CMD or command prompt, open CMD from the RUN, WINDOWS+R and then hit enter to launch CMD, in command prompt type DISKPART then hit enter, then type LIST VOLUME and hit enter, it will show all the list of volume in your operating system, as shown in figure.
Next, you need to select your volume, if you want to unhide. To select your volume type after writing the list volume, type Select Volume the volume, for example my volume is “I” select and just Type “Assign Letter I” and hit enter. your drive will be back to understand go my computer.
We can see that the drive is active again, whatever we have hidden any drive, that we can reinstate. I hope this tutorial helpful for you are all.