in this article I’m going to show you how to install Active directory. and configure active directory (AD DS) in windows server 2012 R2. installing of active directory is very easy. active directory is available from windows server 2003 tell windows server 2012 R2. and also now windows server 2016 come’s. (AD DS) is also available in windows server 2016. active directory is the central admin’s that control any Organization unit (OU). this the great controller users, groups, client machine and controlling any other thing. Active Directory Domain Services(AD DS) is the directory service that Microsoft first introduced in Windows 2000 Server,and Microsoft has upgraded it in each
successive server operating system release, including Windows Server 2012 R2.
Install Active Directory:
to installing active directory or (AD DS) we are gonna use widows server 2012 R2. (AD DS) is the one rule in windows server 2012 R2. in this way we are going to install from GUI way. in server GUI we are using server manager to install use add rule and features.
1. start window server 2012 R2, in task manager click on server manager icon. in server manager, from the manage menu, select add rules and Features. the add rules and features wizard starts, displaying the before you begin page.
2. click next. The Select Installation Type page opens. select the installation type. this are divided in two part. Rule-based or feature based-installation and Remote desktop services installation. in this case select Rule-based or feature based-installation .
3. click next. the select destination server page opens. select a server or virtual hard disk on which to install rule and features. select a server from the server pool.
4. click next. the select server rules page opens. Select the Active Directory Domain Service role. The Add Features That Are Required For Active Directory Domain Services dialog box opens.
5. Click Add Features to accept the dependencies and then click Next. The Select Features page opens.
6. Click Next. The Active Directory Domain Services page opens, displaying information
about the role. Click Next. A Confirm Installation Selections page opens.
7. Select the following optional functions, if desired. Restart The Destination Server Automatically If Desired Causes the server to restart automatically when the
installation is completed, if the selected roles and features require it.
8. Click Install, which displays the Installation Progress page. Once the role has been
installed, a Promote This Server To A Domain Controller link appears. and then Leave the wizard open.
focus:Once you have installed the role, you can run the Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard. The wizard procedure varies, depending on what the function of the new domain controller will be.The following sections describe the
procedures for the most common types of domain controller installations.
How To Create a New Forest :
When beginning a new AD DS installation, the first step is to create a new forest, which you do by creating the first domain in the forest, the forest root domain. To create a new forest, use the following procedure.
1. On the Installation Progress page that appears at the end of the Active Directory Domain Services role installation procedure, click the Promote This Server To A Domain Controller hyperlink. The Active Directory Domain Services Configuration
wizard starts, displaying the Deployment Configuration page.
2. on the deployment configuration page, select the deployment operation. there’s three deployment operation. (add a controller to an existing domain) and (add a new domain to an existing forest) and (add a new Forest). in this case select add a new forest. in the rood domain Name text box, type the name of the domain you want to create.
3. Click Next. The Domain Controller Options page opens. In the Password and Confirm Password text boxes, type the password you want to use or Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM) and click Next. The DNS Options page opens, displaying a warning that a delegation for the DNS server cannot be created, because the DNS Server service is not installed yet.
4. click next to open additional options page, verify the net bios name assigned and then you can change the netBios name if necessary. you can change on the on the NetBios domain name type box
5. click next to open paths page, specify the location of AD DS database, log file and SYSVUL. you can change to this all locations. you can change this anywhere if necessary. but i thing this location if good saving this paths.
6. click next to open Review Options page, Review your selection that you had select domain name and NetBios name of the domain and additional options and any things that had choose or selected.
7. click next to open prerequisites check page open. prerequisites need to be validated before active directory domain services is installed on this computer or on this servers.
8. The wizard performs a number of environment tests to determine if the system can function as a domain controller. The results can appear as cautions, which enable the procedure to continue, or as warnings, which require you to perform certain actions
before the server can be promoted. Once the system has passed all the prerequisite
checks, click Install.The wizard creates the new forest and configures the server to
function as a domain controller.
9. Restart the computer.
the installing and Configuring of Active Directory is finished, when installing is finished your computer will restart. again starting windows server on your computer, active directory will be working very well. in my computer is’s working very will. i hop to use this article very will if have any problem to installing and configuring of active directory, you can ask me.