What is Printer:
In computing, a printer is a peripheral which makes a persistent human readable representation of graphics or text on paper or similar physical media. The two most common printer mechanisms are black and white laser printers used for common documents, and colorinkjet printers which can produce high quality photograph output.
What is Printer Pooling:
Printer pooling allows to unite several physical printers connected to one print server into a single logical printer. From the client point of view, a printer pool looks like one network printer. A print job being in a print queue on such logical printer will be printed on any free printer in a pool. Using printer pooling, you can distribute the workload between printers, increase availability and scalability of a network printing system. If the capacity of printing units is not enough, an administrator can easily add additional units to the pool without extra configuration of the clients.
- To Deploy Printer you need to install Printer document Services from the Rule:
- The requirements to create a printer pool on Windows Print Server:
Install Printer Document service:
To install Printer document services from the Rule follow these steps.
1. open server manage, from the manage menu, select add rule and feature, the add rule and feature wizard start, displaying the before you begin page.
2. click next to open select installation type page.
3. Leave the Role-Based Or Feature-Based Installation option selected and click Next. The
Select Destination Server page opens.
4. on the select server rule page, click Print and Document Services when you click As you select the Print and Document Services a new window will be opened that will ask permission to “Add Features”. Click on “Add Features” to grant it the permission. and then click next
5. Click Next On the “Feature” page.
6. a list of features will be available for selection, you can select any feature you want to install and then click on “Next” or simply click on “Next” without selecting any feature.
7. On the “Print and Document Services” page, show some information.and then click next.
8. On the Select role services interface, in the Role services verify that Print Server check box is selected and then click Next.
9. On the Confirm installation selection interface, click install button.
10. On the ” confirmation page will be opened, where you can give permission to the server to restart if required or you can click on “Install” without giving permission to restart.
11. On the Installation progress interface, click close.
Adding Printer Services:
By Default, the printer management condole displays only the local machine its list of print server. each print server has four nodes beneath it, listing the the driver, from, Ports, and printers associated with that server.
To manage other printer Follow these steps.
1. In server manager, click Tools and then click Print Management to the print management console.
2. Right Click the Printer, from the shortcut menu, click Add Printer to add Printer.
3. On the “Network Printer Installation Wizard” console, click Add a New Printer using an existing Pot and then select the one of Port, and then click next.
4. On the “Printer Driver” interface, click Install a new driver, and then click Next.
5. On the “Printer Installation” interface, choose your printer list. my printer: under Manufacturer, click Dell, under Printers, click Dell 1130 Leser printer, and then click Next.
6. On the Printer Name and Sharing Settings interface, you can change your printer name and your printer share name, and then click next.
7. The Printer is ready to be installed, Please review the printer printer setting below, and then click next to install the printer.
8. Your Printer has been installed successfully. click finish button.
9. Right-Click One of the printer icons in the window and, from the shortcut menu, select printer properties. the printer’s properties sheet appears.
10. On the Printer properties, click the Sharing tab, select List in the directory, and then click OK.
11. Click the Security tab, the top half of the display list all the security principal currently possessing to the select printer. th e bottom half list the permission half by the selected security principal.
12. Click Add. the select Users, Computer, or Groups dialog Box Appears.
13. Click to Close the properties sheet.
Create a Printer Pool:
a Printer Pool increases the production capability of a single printer by connecting it to multiple print devices.
when you create a printer pool, the print server sends each incoming job to the first print device it finds that is not busy.
To Create Printer Pool, you must have at least two identical print devices, or at least two printer devices that use the same printer driver . the print devices must be in the same location because there is no way to tell which print device will process a given document.
To Configure a printer Pool, use the following procedure.
1. Right-Click on the Printer icon and, from the shortcut menu, select printer property.
2. Click the Port Tab.
3. Select the Enable Printer Pooling Check Box.
4. Select All the Port to which the print devices are connected.and then click apply.ok
To Add Printer On Windows Client:
1. open control panel and select hardware, Device and Printer. the Device and printer windows opens.
2. In the Devices and Printers console, click Add a printer.
3. On the Add printer interface, under searching for available printers, click your existing Printer name and then click Next
4. Click finish button.
the printer is added.