In this tutorial, simply I am going to show you how to install windows server 2016 on hyper v manager. Windows Server 2016, Microsoft’s newest server software system, has the potential to be an enormous hit with businesses, IT professionals, and users. Developed aboard Windows ten, the Windows Server team worked closely with the System Center and Azure groups to ascertain a tightly-knit system. the top result delivers a seamless Microsoft expertise from commencing to end; it bridges acquainted technologies like Active Directory and virtualization with trendy infrastructure ideas, like containerization, federate services, and cloud-based services.
- 64-bit CPU with second-level address translation (SLAT)
- VM Monitor Mode extensions
- 512 MB to 4GB RAM
- Virtualization support-enabled BIOS or UEFI
- Data Execution Prevention (DEP) support-enabled BIOS or UEFI
- Network access (optional for VM use; required if VMs must communicate with the network/internet)
- Hyper-V Server 2016 ISO or bootable media
- Windows Server 2016 download
The process to to install windows server 2016 on hyper v manager.
- Create Virtual Switch on hyper-v server 2016.
- Create Virtual Machines on hyper v server 2016.
- Install Windows Server 2016 on Hyper-v manager.
- Customize your Windows desktop environment.
That’s all you need to apply for installing hyper-v server 2016 to a Windows 10 PC or another version of Windows server.
Step 1. Create Virtual Switch on hyper v
A virtual switch allows virtual machines created on Hyper-V hosts to communicate with other computers. You can create a virtual switch when you first install the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2016. To create additional virtual switches, use Hyper-V Manager or Windows PowerShell. To learn more about virtual switches, see Hyper-V Virtual Switch.
- Open Hyper-V Manager, select the Hyper-V host computer name.
- Select Action> Virtual Switch Manager.
- Choose the type of virtual switch you want.
- Select Create Virtual Switch.
- Add a name for the virtual switch.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes.
Step 2. Create Virtual Machine on Hyper V
1. To create virtual mashine on hyper v, open hyper v manager at the right hand corner, click New and click virtual mashine.
2. On “New Virtual Machine Wizard”, click Next.
3. Fom Specify Name and location, choose a name for your virtual machine. Click Next.4. Fom Specify Generation page, choose the generation of the virtual machine. Click Next.5. From Assign Memory page, specify the amount of memory to allocate to this virtual machine, and then click next.
7. On Connect virtual Hard dsik page, select “create a virtual hard disk” specify the storage that you wants save your virtual machine, and specify the size of virtual hard disk.
8. From the installation option page, select “Install an operating system from bootable CD/DVD” and select “Image file (iso)”, find the windows 10 iso and click next.
9. On Completing the New Virtual Machine Wizard, click Finish.
Once you click on finish button the virtual machine has to be created on hyper- v manager. So, now it’s time to install windows server 2016 on hyper v manager.
Step 3. Install Windows Server 2016 on Hyper v
To install windows server 2016 on hyper v manager, you need to follow these steps.
1. Select the virtual machine that you created and click on Start button.
3. Once the wizard loads, select your desired language and keyboard settings, then click Next to proceed with the initial setup.
4. Select the Operating system you want to install, I have selected Windows server 2016 datacenter evaluation (Desktop Experienced) and click next.
5. Agree to the licensing terms by checking the checkbox and clicking Next.
6. When performing a fresh install on a server, selecting the Custom method will allow you to configure additional storage settings, partition drives, and format, if necessary. The upgrade method is intended for those wishing to upgrade only the version of Hyper-V Server already in use on that server, while leaving the existing settings and configuration as is. Select Custom to configure storage settings for your environment.
7. Select the volume you want to install on, and click next.
8. The last phase copies the files to the server and installs the hypervisor locally. Depending on the specifications of the server and the chosen installation method, this method can take 10 to 30 minutes or longer to complete. Once finished, the server will reboot itself and load the hypervisor for the first time.
9. Once your computer restart this screen will com, type your password and then click next.
10. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to unlock or click the option from the left hand corner.
11. As you can windows 10 has been installed successfully on my computer. (Screenshot bellow).
It was all about, How to install windows server 2016 on hyper v? I hope you have learned this article, I hope you will ask your questions, give us your suggestions, opinion about what articles we have to write. If you faced any problem tell us below by comment, Feel free to tell us. we’re waiting for your suggestion.
Here also Read: Get Scholarship For IT Career
How to Install Windows Server 2016 on Hyper v?
hyper-v server 2016 gui
install hyper v windows 10
microsoft hyper-v server 2016 free
install hyper-v server 2012
install hyper-v server
configure hyper-v server 2016
configure hyper-v server 2016
create virtual machine hyper v server 2016